A certain amount of engine oil will be consumed while driving. In the following situations, oil consumption may increase, and engine oil may need to be refilled in between oil maintenance intervals.
- When the engine is new, for example directly after purchasing the vehicle or after replacing the engine;
- If low quality oil or oil of an inappropriate viscosity is used;
- When driving at high engine speeds or with a heavy load, when towing, or when driving while accelerating or decelerating frequently;
- When leaving the engine idling for a long time, or when driving frequently
through heavy traffic.
2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 Toyota FJ Cruiser oil capacity
“Toyota Genuine Motor Oil” is used in your Toyota vehicle. Use Toyota approved “Toyota Genuine Motor Oil” or equivalent to satisfy the following grade and viscosity.
Oil grade: ILSAC GF-5 multigrade engine oil:
|1||Castrol 03102 GTX High Mileage 5W-30 Motor Oil - 5 Quart||18,542 Reviews||$19.32||Order Now|
|2||AmazonBasics High Mileage Motor Oil - Full Synthetic - 5W-30 - 5 Quart||24,865 Reviews||$22.42||Order Now|
|3||Valvoline Daily Protection SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil 5 QT||3,522 Reviews||$17.47||Order Now|
|1||Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic SAE 0W-20 Motor Oil 5 QT||15,013 Reviews||$22.98||Order Now|
|2||Castrol 03060 GTX MAGNATEC 0W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, Green, 5 Quart||7,879 Reviews||$19.96||Order Now|
|3||Castrol 03124 Edge 0W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 Quart||7,466 Reviews||$24.47||Order Now|
|Engine||Oil capacity||Oil type (viscosity)|
2007-2010 1GR-FE 4.0L V6
With filter – 5.2 L (5.5 qt., 4.6 Imp.qt.)
Without filter – 4.9 L (5.2 qt., 4.3 Imp.qt.)
With filter – 6.4 qt. (6.1 L, 5.4 Imp.qt.)
Without filter – 6.0 qt. (5.7 L, 5.0 Imp.qt.)
- for Toyota 01-14 4Runner Tundra FJ Cruiser V6 4.0L 1GR-FE Engine cleaner Oil Filter
The engine oil capacity is a reference quantity to be used when changing the engine oil. Warm up and turn off the engine, wait more than 5 minutes, and check the oil level on the dipstick.
Oil change intervals: 10,000 miles (16,000 km) or 12 months.
- The amount of engine oil consumed depends on the oil viscosity, the quality of the oil and the way the vehicle is driven.
- More oil is consumed under driving conditions such as high speeds and frequent acceleration and deceleration.
- A new engine consumes more oil.
- When judging the amount of oil consumption, keep in mind that the oil may have become diluted, making it difficult to judge the true level accurately.
- Oil consumption: Max. 1.1 qt./600 miles (0.9 lmp.qt./600 miles, 1.0 L per 1000 km)
- If you consume more than 1.1 qt. (1.0 L, 0.9 lmp. qt.) every 600 miles (1000 km), contact your Toyota dealer.
How to change the oil in 2007-2017 Toyota FJ Cruiser
After changing the engine oil (the U.S.A. only)
The oil change system should be reset. Perform the following procedures:
- Turn the engine switch off with the odometer reading shown.
- Turn the engine switch to the ON position while holding down the trip meter reset button.
- Continue to press and hold the button until the odometer displays 000000.
If the system fails to reset, the light will continue flashing.
Last update on 2021-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API