The oil and oil filter change intervals for your engine are based on the use of the specified quality oils and filters. Oil and filter other than the specified quality, or oil and filter change intervals longer than recommended could reduce engine life.
NISSAN recommends maintenance items that require the replacement of parts, engine oil, oil filters and air filters should be performed by a GT-R certified NISSAN dealer. Make sure the specified fluids and parts are used when the maintenance is performed.
Mobil 1 (0W-40) (100% synthetic) is the factory fill oil. The VR38 engine with its plasma-sprayed bores was developed
using this oil. NISSAN cannot ensure proper engine operation and durability if other synthetic oil is used. If Mobil 1 (0W-40) is not available, Mobil 1 (10W-40) (100% synthetic) may be used; however, some performance loss may be noticed.
Furthermore, replacement of the engine oil with MOTUL NISMO COMPETITION OIL type 2193E (5W-40) is recommended for the frequent high-performance driving opportunities. NISSAN cannot ensure proper engine operation and durability if another synthetic oil is used.
The use of additives, chemical materials, or abrasive compounds is prohibited.
Oil capacity and maintenance interval
The following are approximate capacities. The actual refill capacities may be a little different.
|Specified fluids||Mobil 1 (0W-40)||Every 6,000 miles or 6 months|
|Capacity||With oil filter change||5.0 L (5-1/4 US qt)|
|Without oil filter|
|4.5 L (4-3/4 US qt)|
|Maintenance||When the oil temperature stays below 230°F (110°C) while driving.||Change engine oil and engine oil filter at the same interval as Schedule 1 and 2 in the 2019 NISSAN GT-R Service and Maintenance Guide.|
|When the oil temperature reaches between 230°F (110°C) and 266°F (130°C) while driving.||Change engine oil and engine oil filter every 3,000 miles (5,000 km).|
|When the oil temperature exceeds 266°F (130°C) while driving.||Change engine oil and engine oil filter immediately after stopping.|
- Meets or exceeds the latest OEM and industry approvals. Chosen for factory fill in many of the world's finest vehicles
- Provides exceptional cleaning power for dirty engines and excellent overall performance
- Excellent low temperature capabilities for rapid engine protection at start-up
- Enhanced frictional properties that aids fuel economy
- Delivers fast protection for reduced engine wear and deposits even in the most extreme driving conditions
Revving the engine when the engine oil is at a low (below 32°F (0°C)) or extremely high (over 275°F (135°C)) temperature: The maximum engine speed is 4,000 RPM (The position will automatically change to the position.)
- Limit idling time to minimize impact to fuel economy.
- Vehicles typically need no more than 30 seconds of idling at startup to effectively circulate the engine oil before driving.
- Your vehicle will reach its ideal operating temperature more quickly while driving versus idling.
It is normal to add some oil between oil maintenance intervals or during the break-in period, depending on the severity of operating conditions.
More engine oil is consumed by frequent acceleration/deceleration especially when the engine rpm is high. If your rate of oil consumption increases suddenly or without explanation, NISSAN recommends that you have your vehicle inspected by a GT-R certified NISSAN dealer.
Oil and filter change
When replacement is required, it is recommended you contact a GT-R certified NISSAN dealer for servicing.
Try to avoid direct skin contact with used oil. If skin contact is made, wash thoroughly with soap or hand cleaner as soon as possible.
Selecting the correct oil filter:
Your new vehicle is equipped with a high-quality genuine NISSAN oil filter. NISSAN recommends using the genuine NISSAN oil filter for the reason described in change intervals.
- Vehicle Specific
- Package Dimensions: 10.896 L x 35.077 H x 15.087 W (centimeters)
- Package Weight : 2.209 kilograms
- Country of Origin : China
Last update on 2021-04-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API